Immersive game play for two players.
In October 2015, Oculus released their first social virtual reality demo using a Gear VR headset. Within the VR application, up to 5 people are allowed to watch a movie stream in a virtual home or theater environment. However, there’s no real interaction between each user except sending a group voice message. In this semester project, we are going to setup a cooperative environment that allows people to play an immersive game interactively using external input devices. For example, Ping-Pong game with Razer Hydra. Game development with Untiy3D/ C# and good understanding of Network are required in this project.
- Network architecture should be designed and developed under Untiy3D environment. Nice examples are available on Untiy3D website.
- External input devices (possible devices: mouse, keyboard or Razer Hydra, Leapmotion, wiimote, etc) should be integrated on both sides (server and client).
- A simple game play scenario should be proposed for two players and realized with various external input devices.
- Interesting interaction should be proposed in the game.
- Game scenario should be designed with an idea of showing minimal latency setup
- Oculus headset integration.
- Bandwidth and latency evaluation.
Information, materials and resource:
Samsung Gear VR: https://www.oculus.com/en-us/gear-vr/
Untiy3D game engine: http://unity3d.com/learn